
So I am re-visiting my blog. Thought if nothing else, I would give it a design face-lift. However, I've decided I still like the looks of it and don't want to change it. Probably because I haven't been on here in almost two years, so I haven't gotten a chance to get sick of it yet :p.
So instead of playing with the graphics, I've decided it was more important to post something - anything. So here goes a very unplanned and unorganized blog entry:
As a somewhat update on my last post about being a SAHM, let me just tell you that things have really begun to settle for me in that area. I no longer miss going to work, and truly can't imagine what life was like when I did. I am so happy to be able to serve my family by staying at home, especially with Alison still not in school. I'm not saying every day is easy, I just don't have a stitch of regret for quitting my job. Praise be to God who knew what he was doing when he spoke to me back in May of 2008 and told me to quit my job and stay home! Now, not to say I don't miss the excitement of my old career, or the challenges it brought. I particularly had a hard time this past spring when so much devastation in the province was caused by wildfire. I felt helpless, and little like it was my duty to call up some old connections and volunteer my services.
Now, once baby arrives, I may feel entirely different, LOL! I am preparing myself that life as a SAHM with a single 4yro, will be MUCH DIFFERENT then life at home with a 4yro AND a baby. And a little boy to-boot. Truth be told, I'm a little worried.
The pregnancy has been pretty uneventful thus far, and with only a little over a month to go, I'm optimistic it will stay that way. Hip and lower back pain, accompanied by heartburn, are a constant companion now. I just tell myself that this is a sign that the end is near.
About a month before I discovered I was pregnant this summer, I started toying with the idea of home-schooling. I had David and Julia on board, and was starting to pick out curriculum. But once I found out about the baby, the idea immediately went on the shelf. However, I can't help but think that God has planted a seed there, and it will only be a matter of time before I see it come to blossom... we'll see :)
We all still really enjoy living in La Crete, and it has truly become home. I hope God doesn't call us away any time soon.
Right before Christmas, David and I both became members of the EMC Church. We are halfway through our second year of being youth leaders, and I am running a small drama ministry at the church. Among other volunteer opportunities and bible studies, it is safe to say we are fairly involved in our church, and I feel so blessed by it.
Julia turned 10 this year, Alison will be 5 in a week, and I will have a newborn in a matter of weeks. Sorry, I think I just needed to get that down on 'paper', as I can scarcely believe it.
When you haven't written in your blog for almost two years, the task of playing catch-up feels quite daunting. There is just too much that has happened to make any entry feel like a sufficient update. However, I am hoping that now that I have typed SOMETHING in here, and the year will at least read '2012', that maybe I will visit here more often.

1 comment:
Michelle, so happy to see that you are pleased with your decision to stay home. Praise the Lord, He can not only provide the opportunity, he can provide the right thoughts and attitude to go along with it. I thank the Lord he can provide me with that when I follow Him in obedience. Now, you are thinking of homeschooling ;) Didn't you know that only crazy people homeschool? The Lord can provide in that area as well, and be everything you need when you need it. :)
Post a Comment