So as far as being a new SAHM, I thought I would have more to report after my first week. But I don't.
Things aren't going wrong, and things aren't going right either.... I am stuck somewhere in the middle.
Adjustment to this new life will take more time then I originally thought. That is okay (I tell myself).
Margaret is coming over tomorrow to show me how to make buns. Perhaps this will lift my spirit a bit.
David asks me every day as soon as he comes through the door after work, "How was your day?" My answer every time has been "Meh." I don't want to worry him, but I don't want to lie either.

Look at my mom's face in this photo... I can't say exactly how she was feeling, but when I look at it, it reminds me of how I feel right now.
It will come. I will be happy. But right now I miss hearing the weather transmitted over the radio at work, and the sound of phones ringing.

2 comments:
Great. Big. HUGS!!! I haven't worked outside the home since having kids, but meh certainly describes my days sometimes, too. You're in good company, my friend... keep letting us in on how it's going.
I seem to be following Jodi at reading blogs tonight... :) -- Meh is definitely a word to describe days at home Michelle. Completely normal! Sorry, I know it's not encouraging, but although it doesn't SOUND glamorous, if that is where God wants you, He will be faithful! Keep your chin up! Get out of the house and keep your time busy. It will help both you and Alison adjust better.
Post a Comment