Friday, November 7, 2008

Why I Love my Husband: Part I

A good man is hard to find. An old saying, but I believe it to be very true (I also think that it can be said for a good woman too).
Well fortunately for me, I have found one. Not just one, but THE BEST one.
David is an amazing husband (and those of you who know me well, know he must be good to put up with me). I seriously think I could write a whole book on the reasons why he is so wonderful. But especially in light of recent events, I had to at least post some of these reasons here:

I am ill. I have been ill for sometime now. Just when it appeared things were looking up for me, I went and put my back out (a whole other post yet to be written).
David works 3, (yes, count them,THREE) jobs to help support our family. With me being sick all the time, my day consists of getting up, showering, going to work (most days), and them coming home and laying in bed the rest of the evening. David's day consists of getting up, waking up Julia and picking out her clothes, making her breakfast, getting himself ready for work, waking up Alison, changing her, packing the kids into the car, dropping one off at school, one off at daycare, going to job #1 until 3:30pm, picking up both kids, making them a snack, doing the dishes, making supper, doing dishes AGAIN, bathing the kids, and putting them to bed, THEN going to job #2 and job #3. On weekends he cleans the rest of the house.

But here's the clincher... HE DOES IT ALL WITH OUT COMPLAINING!

Okay, so at this point you must be thinking I'm horrible. And I would agree with you, in the last month I have been a horrible wife. I acknowledge this, and trust me, the guilt of it all is starting to pile up.

"In sickness and in health", that is what was vowed to me on our wedding day, and I don't think I ever dreamed I would find someone who took those vows so seriously. My only hope is that one day my health will be such that I can pay him back ten-fold, and be the amazing wife that he so very much deserves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats why we have each other, hang in there,this to shell pass.

begoodmandy said...

Isn't it nice when God gives us the people that we need? That's neat.