I'm full of "great" plans and ideas, I mean really, aren't we all? My problem is that I've been blessed with the brain to form these plans, and cursed with body and mind of a lazy procrastinator. There are so many examples of these, however I will only list a few of the most recent ones, specifically those pertaining to Christmas.
Decorating: Last month, I had the whole house decorated in my head. There were outdoor lights, centre pieces, garland and mistletoe. Now, I am debating whether or not I even want to set up a tree, and, in fact, have postponed doing so on two separate occasions (much to Julia's disappointment).
Baking: I don't bake, but oh, this Christmas was going to be different! Julia and I would spend our December evenings and weekends together, baking up all kinds of delicacies. I even bought a recipe book, which I thought showed good faith. Now, the thought of just going to get all the groceries I need to bake even one batch of cookies is daunting, and I feel I couldn't be bothered. Especially when all the stores have their Christmas goodies on their shelves just waiting for me to enjoy, why would I go through all that work?
... and there are many other examples surrounding the season., but here is one more:
For example, let's say... oh... I don't know, that maybe I had this great idea one day like "Hey, we should get Julia a puppy for Christmas! Oh yeah, it'll be great, a real addition to the family, the girls will love it, it'll get me out for walks, blah, blah, blah..."
ahem... so on a somewhat related note, our new puppy arrives on Saturday. And I am left asking the question that so many of us "Idea men" have... WHAT WAS I THINKING??!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think it's a great idea--every kid should grow up with a dog.
What kind of puppy are you getting?
Jen
Post a Comment