Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spelling

It should be no secret to any of you out there that I am simply a horrible speller. If this is a shocker to you, then you probably don' know me well enough to be reading my blog.
I don't know how I got this way... no really. If I had to guess, I think it is because I never read enough as a child. It wasn't until high school that I discovered reading for pleasure. I'm not really sure how a can learn how to spell, if they are not exposed to enough 'sight' words. It's not that I don't understand the rules of phonetics (I don't think), it's just that I haven't paid enough attention over my life time to how things are spelled.

So it comes to no surprise to me, when the first comment my good friend Briar makes on my first ever blog, is about my spelling. She says I have two spelling mistakes on here already. Sadly, I was only aware of one, and that was because my father was quick to point it out to me (see, he knows me well too), and not because I even found the mistake myself.

So how, my sarcastic chum Briar asks, will I make it as a successful blogger, when there is no spell-check on here? Let's just say I have my methods... I have been dealing with this handicap for years, and I've learned how to work around it for the most part.
... 'course, I could always just learn how to spell :) - seriously, anyone know how to teach this old dog new tricks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

spelling shmelling...

I wouldn't worry about it until you've got a readership of 200 hits a day and are raking in $2,000 a month in advertising revenue...