Okay, so this is it, I am officially a Blogger. However, I feel as though I must defend my reasons for creating my own blog. I don't know why really... maybe it's because blogs are a dime a dozen, that I feel a bit like a cliche. Also, it could be because with the very recent creation of personal blogs by two of my closests peeps, that I appear now as the proverbial sheep. Whatever the reason, I present to you my case for begining this journey:
Over my lifetime, I have seldom kept a journal or diary. I don't think I ever really saw the point. Why would I want to put on paper my everyday thoughts, when no one but me would ever read it anyway? Also, I am a lazy person, and viewed writting of any kind as a chore. (Ahem, just ask me to see my daughter's baby books... it's sad really).
With the introduction to 'Facebook' to the world, I realized that when I would update my status, I would often want to say so much more then just the one liner they let you write. Not that anything I had to say was of particular importance or intrest, but that I just wanted to expand on my current situation or opinion. Enter the first thoughts of "Hey, maybe I should have a blog".
Then a few friends of mine started their own blogs, and I became addicted to reading all about their little adventures in life. Now I really started to think "Hey, I have adventures and opinions too!"
What finally sold me was the realization that blogging is really like journaling, but everybody gets to read it. Now journaling finally seemed to have a point to me, (enter the narcissism), and voila! Here I am typing my first ever journal entry, in hopes that I will give all the voices in my head a true venue to speak.

5 comments:
I LOVE the look of your page Michelle Definitely beats Facebook, especially the NEW and dreaded Facebook. Can you make it private? Alice
Hey Darling,
Good look for the blog! As a long-time blogger, I totally agree -- it's nice to say more than "Michelle is..." and as your friend, I do actually want to know more!
I also like to rant, as you know, and feel the blog helps me to be more understood...though it's entirely possible the opposite occurs.
Have fun! Mandy
Yes, that was the other attractive feature about creating this... I somewhat had some design leeway to play with, and make it my own.
Mish
Yay! Michelle has a blog! Welcome, my friend.
Love it, but I can't seem to find the spell checker on blogspot....what will you do?
You already have two spelling errors :P
Love your fancy site - mine is so...domestic next to yours....\
love b
Post a Comment